Legionella Principals Awareness Course
To provide candidates with a basic understanding of Legionella Bacteria and what is required locally and nationally to control it with cooling towers and hot and cold water systems.
The course reflects the principals embodied in both the Guernsey and Jersey guidance notes on Legionella Management.
● What is Legionnaires’ disease?
● How it contracted and what are the symptoms?
● What are my legal requirements?
● When do the bacteria become a danger and who is at risk?
● What sort of water hygiene / monitoring programme should I be putting in place?
● Legionella Risk Assessments – what are they and do I have to do one?
● Dead Legs - redundant or non-circulating water pipes.
Who should attend - The premise designated Duty Holder and everybody else who has a responsibility or engages in the management of water systems within their workplace, this extends to where a building is let to tenants, but the landlord retains responsibility for its maintenance.
Assessment - Candidates will undertake a multiple choice paper at the end of the course.
Please note: All our courses are delivered in English. All delegates must have a good understanding of written and spoken English to attend this course.
A Certificate of training will be awarded to each successful candidate.
Course Dates: 04th March, 03rd July, 02nd October 2020
Duration approx 9am to 11.30
Verifier Normandie Health & Safety Ltd
Directions to the Normandie Office
+44 (0) 1481 253953
or email email@example.com
Normandie Health & Safety Ltd
Rue a Chiens