To provide candidates with essential information on asbestos to safeguard their own health, the health of co-workers and any staff they might be responsible for. By the end of the course candidates should have a basic understanding of asbestos, the dangers of exposure, relevant legal requirements, including Guernsey and Jersey ACOP and how asbestos affects their work.
● The properties and uses of asbestos.
● An appreciation of where asbestos may be found in relation to their work.
● The health risks from asbestos.
● Asbestos regulation.
● What to do if asbestos is found unexpectedly.
● The safe methods of working with asbestos cement materials.
● Where to get further advice and guidance.
● How to carry out work activities without risks to people.
● Pro-active and re-active monitoring.
Who should attend - Any person who wishes to increase their knowledge of asbestos issues or who has the potential to be exposed to asbestos through the course of their activities, it is not designed for persons working actively with asbestos product.
Assessment - Candidates undertake a multichoice assessment to conclude the course.
Please note: All our courses are delivered in English. All delegates must have a good understanding of written and spoken English to attend this course.
Candidates will be issued with a Certificate of Training.
2019 Course Dates: 15th January, 29th April, 03 August, 03 and 25th November2020
Duration 2 Hours
Verifier Normandie Health & Safety Ltd
Directions to the Normandie Office
+44 (0) 1481 253953
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Normandie Health & Safety Ltd
Rue a Chiens