Guernsey Asbestos Awareness - eLearning
The importation and use of asbestos was not banned until 1999. Due to the health risks associated with asbestos, it is now illegal to use these materials in the construction or refurbishment of any premises but a significant amount of asbestos materials are still in place in commercial, industrial, public and residential buildings.
This course has been approved by RoSPA. According to the HSE, asbestos is the single biggest cause of work related deaths in the UK. It mostly affects people who work in building maintenance and repair but any worker liable to encounter asbestos during their normal work should be trained so that they can recognise asbestos materials and know how to work safely with them.
Under the Management of Exposure to Asbestos in Workplace Buildings and Structures and Section 13 of the Health and Safety at Work (General) (Guernsey) Ordinance, 1987, employers must provide anyone who is likely to work on or disturb asbestos materials with information regarding their location, condition and correct safety practices when working with asbestos materials.
- Explain why asbestos is dangerous and the associated health risks
- Show the different types of asbestos materials and the common locations of these materials in buildings
- Advise on general control measures when working with asbestos
- Teach how to deal with a potential contamination
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANISATION
- Ensures employees/contractors are aware of the dangers of asbestos materials and understand the requirements for working safely with them.
- Communicate the location and type of any asbestos materials in the workplace via the Asbestos Register.
- Comply with the Asbestos Regulations to provide awareness training to anyone whose work could foreseeably expose them to asbestos.
Please click on the following link:-
Directions to the Normandie Office
+44 (0) 1481 253953
or email email@example.com
Normandie Health & Safety Ltd
Rue a Chiens