Abrasive Wheels Fitting & Inspection
To provide candidates adequate training for purposes of health and safety when fitting and inspecting abrasive wheels. Equipment available are:- petrol cut offs, angle grinder, bench chop saw and bench grinders to include training in the methods which may be adopted when using abrasive wheels and any risks which such use may entail and the precautions to be taken.
Course Content Morning:
Candidates will be shown theory and practical aspects covering:
● Correct storage of abrasive wheels.
● Relevant legislation.
● Operators responsibilities and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
● Abrasive wheel characteristics.
● Safety in grinding operations.
● Speeds of wheels and spindles.
● Mounting of wheels.
● Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS).
Candidates will be shown theory aspects:
● Statutory instruments and standards.
● Risk assessments.
● Overview of equipment covered.
● Analysis of accidents/case studies.
● Safe guarding of equipment.
● Hazards/precautions when using work equipment.
● Workplace checks.
● Pre User checks.
● Personal checks.
● Power tool accessories.
● Care and maintenance.
● Written test paper.
●Post user checks.
Assessment - Candidates will be continuously assessed during the course and complete a number of practical tests. Each candidate will need to undertake a written examination and achieve a pass mark of 25 or above marks out of total of 34 in order to successfully complete the course. A Certificate of Competence will be awarded to each successful candidate.
Please note: All our courses are delivered in English. All delegates must have a good understanding of written and spoken English to attend this course.
2020 Course Dates: 10th February, 27th April, 13th July, 13th October, 14th December 2020 - Please contact us for dates
Duration 9am-1pm approx please contact: email@example.com
Verifier Normandie Health & Safety Ltd
Validation 5 year certificate
Directions to the Normandie Office
+44 (0) 1481 253953
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Normandie Health & Safety Ltd
Rue a Chiens