Terms and Conditions
Training services standard Terms and Conditions of Trading
1. Delegates’ Requirements - Where the training being provided is other than theoretical, delegates must provide their own equipment as per the pre-requisites for the course. Hardwearing work clothing is most appropriate for confined space, NRSWA, plant training etc and delegates must be physically fit to withstand the rigours of training.
In particular, individuals with respiratory problems or those who suffer from claustrophobia should be certified by a G.P. as fit to undertake rigorous training and to partake in courses that involve the use of Breathing Apparatus and/or work in Confined Spaces.
Please note that it is not possible to wear glasses when using breathing apparatus sets during training sessions.
Equipment must not be removed from the training environment. Any damage caused by wilful misuse or misconduct will be invoiced to the client.
Where Clients utilise their own premises or equipment (for example fork lift trucks) in the course of training the Client must ensure that suitable insurance is in force against any damage or liability from the activities.
Certificates are awarded at the discretion of the trainer and only to those delegates who successfully complete the training. Certificates are NOT issued purely for attendance unless otherwise agreed prior to the course being carried out and in which case the certificates will be worded accordingly.
Consumption of alcohol is not permitted during training, nor should it be consumed immediately prior to training. If there is any evidence of such trainers are obliged to refuse to train the delegates.
2. Settlement Terms - Payment may be made by cheque at the time of booking or on receipt of invoice. All fees must be paid within 30 days of date of invoice.
A surcharge of 2.5% per calendar month will be levied on fees remaining outstanding 30 days from the date of the invoice.
Training certificates will not be issued until full payment has been received.
3. Cancellation and Postponement - The Company reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee in respect of courses already confirmed. Notice of all cancellations or transfers must be in writing and the following terms apply:-
- Cancellations received less than 14 days from the commencement date will be charged at 50% of the total cost fee. Cancellations less than 7 days from the commencement date will be charged at 100% of the total course fee.
- Substitute delegates will be welcome at any time before the course start date with no penalty charge.
- If for any reasons beyond their control, The Company cancels a course without notice The Company will not be held liable for any costs incurred by the client as a result of such cancellations.
- Should it be necessary for The Company to postpone all or any part of a course, due to circumstances beyond their control, then mutually agreeable date will be chosen on which to complete the course. The Company will not be liable for any costs incurred by the client for such actions.
4. Transfers - If within 15 working days of the original course date, a delegate wishes to transfer a booking to a later course, there will be an administration charge of 10% of the course fee. If the transfer is subsequently cancelled at any time, the full fee remains payable.
Whilst the company will do everything possible to accommodate the transfer request, all transfers are at the discretion of the company and subject to places being available on the alternative course.
Only one transfer request per delegate is allowed, any subsequent transfer request will be treated as a cancellation and the full fee will become payable.
5. Course Content - Normandie Health and Safety Ltd consistently develop their training courses in line with awarding body criteria and evolving best practice and therefore reserves the right to make changes to the advertised course content without prior notice.
6. Miscellaneous - This contract shall be governed by the laws of Guernsey or Jersey as appropriate and the Terms and Conditions will be construed accordingly.